Comments from Some of Tom's Students
PRIVATE COACHING (SCREENPLAY AND FILM PRODUCING)
Had a great meeting today with Tom Hofbauer. Thanks again Tom for your expertise and knowledge with screenwriting. If anybody out there needs advice or help with a screenplay. Go on my friends list and friend request Tom Hofbauer for more. If he can help me, I know he can help you! (Danny Kazee, BGSU)
HEADSHOT SESSION (WITH COACHING) (Session conducted in Toledo, Ohio)
My thanks, really really, to everybody. Tom, you and Laurie and Greg and Jenn, all working so hard to make me look good, and teaching, teaching, teaching me how to do a shoot, how to hold my head, how to fix my hair, makeup, be careful not to go out of the shoot until released, how to get rid of negatives and accentuate the positives. Constantly giving, caring, warning us what to watch out for, being sure we were doing the right thing, letting us know how to behave on set, preparing us for the future. Not only do we get incredible pictures we get a full class on 'how to be a success in this field.' It will always be up to the individual to use the information, but if used I believe we have a head start, a big head start, on going further in this business. (Pat Stroble., Toledo)
Thanks so much for the shoot today. I had fun and am so glad I came. You guys are so kind, and you both really made me feel comfortable! Hopefully I'll be able to see you both again or maybe even work with you one of these days. Thanks again!!
(Amy Herzig., Toledo)
AUDITION SKILLS SEMINAR (delivered in Perrysburg, Ohio to northwest Ohio actors)
- Great, great speaker. I am honored to have taken this class!
- Thought it was VERY helpful. Would love to attend another!
- My favorite part was the practical advice that makes a world of difference. Thank you! I learned a tremendous amount.
- It was very hands-on and I got to talk to someone with first-hand experience.
- Absolutely amazing. Super informative!! It was so awesome. I liked the tips and advice that most people fail to mention.
- I had an absolutely great time today! Learned so much. Thanks again!
- I felt refreshed, excited and wanting to get going. Thank you both for your knowledge and your honesty.
- It was a great seminar. All 10s.
FILMMAKING 5 DAY INTENSIVE (delivered for Bowling Green State University)
- This week of class gave me a lot of information that I would have spent months trying to find. I want to write screenplays and make independent films. This was just what I was looking for to obtain information and knowledge on things I wish to do in my future.
- Tom, I really enjoyed having you this week. I came in not really knowing what to expect and your presentations set the bar and surpassed it. Some of the material did not directly appeal to anything I have planned for myself but I found it interesting - and who knows, I may be happy to have heard it in the future. Again, thank you and good luck. (E. Shivey - age 21)
- I think Tom is very well spoken and he is able to talk for eight hours... Impressive. (T. Nafziger - age 24)
- Very much enjoyed. Knowledge of material was pretty much exactly what I came here to learn. (Eric. Chilton - age 23)
- I really loved just about every minute of it. Topics were covered very thoroughly. I feel that I could use much of this info to my benefit in the future. Thank you. (John Toth - age 20)
- I thought you did an excellent job this week. I learned a lot that will help me in the future. I will check out some of the movies you recommended and also maybe take your advice and audition for some things when I am back in NYC. Thanks. (Emily Waters - age 21)
FINANCING YOUR INDEPENDENT FILM (delivered for Bowling Green State University, "From Concept to Distribution" Class)
- Very engaging and informative. Thank you! (Male - age 22)
- This is the most inspirational talk I have ever witnessed - it has given me even greater motivation to shoot my screenplay next summer. Thank you! (Male - age 20)
- I liked when you said you have to bleed film - that's how I have felt forever and never heard anyone say it. (Male - age 22)